MATRADE’s mission to promote Malaysia’s export has enabled many local companies to carve new frontiers in global markets. Today as we continue to put the spotlight on capable Malaysian companies on the international stage, we are helping make the phrase ‘Made-In-Malaysia’ synonymous with excellence, reliability and trustworthiness.
Positioning Malaysia As A Globally Competitive Trading Nation
Promoting Malaysia's Enterprises To The World
MATRADE’s mission is to develop and promote Malaysia’s export to the world and its functions are:
- To promote, assist and develop Malaysia’s external trade with particular emphasis on the export of manufactured and semi-manufactured products and, on a selective basis, imports;
- To formulate and implement a national export marketing strategy to promote the export of manufactured and semi-manufactured products;
- To undertake commercial intelligence and market research and create a comprehensive database of information for the improvement and development of trade;
- To organise training programmes to improve the international marketing skills of the Malaysian exporters;
- To enhance and protect Malaysia’s international trade interests abroad;
- To represent Malaysia in any international forum in respect of any matter relating to trade;
- To develop, promote, facilitate and assist in service areas related to trade; and
- To advise the Government on matters affecting or in any way connected with trade and to act as the agent of the Government or for any person, body or organisation on such matters.
MATRADE’s objectives are:
- To raise the profile of Malaysian exporters in foreign markets;
- To disseminate timely and relevant information and market intelligence to help Malaysian companies gain a competitive edge in foreign markets;
- To introduce Malaysian companies to foreign importers seeking Malaysian suppliers; and
- To undertake activities to promote the export of Malaysian goods and services in overseas markets.
MATRADE is also actively involved in assisting foreign companies to source for suppliers of Malaysian products and services, and is represented worldwide at more than 40 locations in major commercial cities. In Malaysia, MATRADE has five local branches in Penang, Terengganu, Johor, Sabah, and Sarawak.